Available Position: Customer Service Manager Please email your Cover Letter and CV to
email@example.com to apply for the role and for more information.
The role of Customer Service Manager at Your Business Listing Pty Ltd (YBL) will include the following tasks/responsibilities:
- Managing all staff members who have direct contact with YBL’s customer base. The Customer Service manager will have measures and processes in place to monitor and measure the level of satisfaction our customer base has with their own Client account manager. The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for delivering regular direction and feedback to team members regarding their customers perception of YBL’s service levels.
- Guiding and mentoring organisational units and customer service agents on how to identify if their customer base is satisfied with YBL’s services. The Customer Service manager would be instrumental in the continual development/maintenance and implementation of our internal Customer Service manual.
- Regular spot checks on call recordings with account managers and customer to ensure our desired standard of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Developing full market and product knowledge in order to position yourself as a credible Manager;
- Ensuring that customer needs (as identified by customer service representatives) are reflected in decisions made across the company;
- Proactively feedback to other departments (including Sales, Technical, Billing and Customer Service) to improve the customer experience at YBL;
- Work closely with our reporting teams to ensure that the customer experience is as close to perfect as possible;
- Championing a positive, professional, and ‘can do’ culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborating with Customer Services and Operations to ensure that relevant reports and/or information delivered to customers is to the standard we have set out in our internal Customer Service Manual. The Customer Service Manager will regularly meet with client account managers to ensure the scripts used for issue resolution are matching the client account managers personality. If these scripts need to modified then the Customer Service Manager will be responsible for their modification and subsequent successful implementation.
- Assisting where necessary in response to particularly sensitive issues or complaints. After an issue is resolved / dealt with, a debriefing with the individual / team on what skills / methods of issue resolution were displayed and why.
- Developing processes and/or procedures which minimize the recurrence of these issues. Possible addendums to the Customer Service Manual may be required (written by the Customer service manager). Further training may then be scheduled for the team by the Customer Service Manager based on these particular issues to assist if they occur again.
- Working with Sales and Management to manage end-of-contract disputes, ensuring a satisfied Customer. The Customer Service manager should have regular meetings with the Sales Team to ensure that the reporting the Customer Service manager receives from the customer service team is addressed with the Sales Team. Developing a ‘prevention is better than cure’ culture with the sales team to reduce customer service issues.
- Ensuring that the Customer Services and Billing teams have a full and deep understanding of a customer’s expectation from the Sales teams point of view. There needs to be a consistent message from the initial product offering from the sales team, all the way through to a customer’s first monthly report. The Customer Service manager will need to ensure that the message from all departments is consistent.
- Conducting spot checks on the work performed by the sales staff to ensure that quality and accuracy remains consistent throughout a customer’s experience with YBL.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in a role considered similar to the position advertised;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- A skilled relationship-builder with the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels;
- An experienced Manager with a proven track record in managing teams from a variety of departments within an organisation (including managing the cohesiveness of teams and streamlined processes between units)
- Customer-focused and a natural problem-solver;
- Professional, articulate and well-presented with natural gravitas;
- Credible commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Demonstrates accuracy, a thorough attention to detail and efficient time management skills.